Chapel of Christ the Healer

St Andrew

Part of St Andrew's Church, Deanery of Guernsey (Church of England)

Standout

Active since 1957

Story

Built in the 1950s following a vision by Reverend Frank Drake, whose son Robin was suffering from cancer. Dedicated by the Bishop of Winchester on 9 May 1957, five months before Robin Drake's death.

Chapel of Christ the Healer is a small Anglican chapel in the parish of St Andrew, established in 1957 and dedicated exclusively to Christian healing. It is Guernsey's only place of worship dedicated exclusively to Christian healing. Built following a vision by Reverend Frank Drake, it seats around 40 and provides Holy Communion, prayers for healing, laying on of hands, private prayer, and meeting room hire. It is served by an ecumenical clergy team under St Andrew's Church, and features stained glass by local artist Mary Eily de Putron.

Specialises in2

Each capability links to every business in the Baliwick that shares it.

Quick facts

Established
1957 · 69 years
Coverage
Bailiwick Wide

People1

  • Mary Eily de PutronClergy

From their website

Original phrasing from their website — lines covered by a capability above appear within its card.

  • Holy Communion
  • Prayers for healing
  • Laying on of hands
  • Private prayer
  • Meeting room hire

Visiting & access

Public transport
Short walk to bus stops on routes 60, 61, P2

Hours

Open for private prayer at any time; Wednesday service at 10:30am (Holy Communion with prayers for healing)

Contact

Address
Rue du Monnaie, St Andrew, Guernsey GY6

Compiled from public sources — mistakes are possible. If something here looks wrong, let us know.